Chicken and Quinoa Salad is one of my favorite low-carb, gluten-free meals that is wonderful for lunch or dinner. You have your lean protein for muscle-building, good for your heart, and even helps in weight loss. If you don’t have time to grill the chicken breast, you can bake it or even purchase a rotisserie chicken. Then you have Quinoa, a wonderful complex carb that is packed with vitamins, beneficial antioxidants, and one of the few plant foods that contains nine essential amino acids. My daughter loves it, and with my busy schedule, it’s easy to cook and can be prepared ahead of time.
Chicken and Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 pound grilled chicken breast and shredded
- 1 cup celery, small diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup cherry tomato, halved
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slivers
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups kale salad mixed (you can be prepared at grocery store)
- 1/4 cup apple vinaigrette dressing (you can substitute with balsamic vinaigrette)
In a large mixing bowl, combine: chicken, tomatoes, grapes, celery, onions, quinoa, almonds and dressing. Toss well so the ingredients incorporate well. Add greens and toss again. Enjoy!